These resources will help you with company specific information. They may supply the information needed for the following sections of the "Situational Analysis:"
3) Complete a SWOT ANALYSIS, Porter Model, BCG Portfolio Analysis or GE
4) Internal Environment – Corporate Culture, Firm Organization, HR Policies and Capabilities
6) Current Business Objectives, Corporate Culture
7) Executive Leadership and Vision, Value Proposition
8) Social Responsibility, Corporate Image, Significant Controversies (if any)
10) Financial Health of their Company, Products and Divisions, Stock Value and history
12) Portfolio Analysis- What products or companies do they own?
These resources are your best bets for finding company profiles and other information. Mergent Intellect and Business Insights: Essentials are good places to start for an overview that includes location and contact information, basic financials, and industry codes.
Access to public and private U.S and international business data, industry profiles, facts and figures, executive contact information, and much more.
Good for company chronology, company histories, market share reports, and rankings. SWOTS!
Company information including location, summary financials, top officers, competitors, and company history for public companies.
Provides access to company reports, global and U.S. newspapers, same-day newswires, and media programs.
Mergent Online is the best resource for finding company financials, especially if you're not able to come into the Business Library. Bloomberg, Capital IQ, and Morningstar Direct are more complex financial resources, and you must be physically in the Business Library to use them.
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats! A SWOT analysis is a great resource that gives you a quick overview of a company's strategic situation. Business Insights: Essentials offers SWOTs for public companies. Business Source Complete offers SWOTs for public and some private companies.